Project 3Cs4Ds-Lecture series by Lakshya Foundation at MITSOB
Students and youth are the present and the future of any nation. History tells us that youth have always been at the forefront of transformation, be it political, social, systemic or cultural. Transformation, as opposed to change, is irreversible and permanent. To bring about such transformation, youth must have both, potential and will. Will is largely a product of Dedication, Determination, Devotion and Discipline. These 4 Ds, as they can be termed, are the foundation of the thoughts which have to be guided by the qualities of Courage, Conviction and Commitment, in other words, 3 Cs. Combining these competencies, Lakshya Foundation has devised a lecture series for guiding youth. This lecture series is conducted for the post graduate students of MIT School of Business (MITSOB). Through this lecture series, Lakshya Foundation wants to make a humble effort to be the catalyst, to facilitate and channelize the energy of the youth towards a collective vision of a strong and dynamic nation with youth striving to aim for the sky of modernity with its feet firmly implanted in its ancient ethos and of a proud nation striding to reach its rightful place as a ‘Jagatguru’ at the head of the comity of nations, thereby symbolizing Lakshya Foundation’s motto “Agrimah Bharatdeshah” translated to mean “Nation First”, always and everytime.
Lakshya Foundation draws inspiration of this collective vision from the uniformed forces of our country. The qualities of 3Cs4Ds are not mere words but articles of faith for each of them. For them, it is a way of life. Service before self and nation first is their credo. They nurture, nourish and defend this collective vision, to the peril of their lives. They teach us that eternal vigilance is the price one must pay for freedom. Indeed, they pay that price every day so that we enjoy our liberty. What sets these young men and women apart? What are the qualities that they imbibe which gives them unwavering focus, indomitable courage and the ability to come out as winners in every situation that they face? Can these qualities be inculcated in our youngsters? It is these questions which inspired Lakshya Foundation to dream this project – a series of lectures delivered by senior defence personnel and stalwarts from the fields of technology, science and psychology to share their experiences, thoughts and ideas with the students.
The main focus areas are conveying the concepts of scientific thinking through six thinking hats, going from passion to action, how to bring about transformational leadership and leading from within, optimism to the level of being dangerous, as daily practised by our Armed Forces, and at the same time conveying Law as an instrument of transformation giving the importance of fundamental duties along with the fundamental rights of being a citizen of India.
Lakshya Foundation aims to awaken the youth to make them aware of their strengths and to impress upon them the need to acquire the ideology of “Nation First”, which we believe, is the need of the day.
Speakers for our lecture series:
1. Mr. Anil Datar – Former Director General of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), designer and developer of the 5.6 mm INSAS, an indigenous assault rifle used extensively by the Indian Army.
2. Lt. Col. Ranjitsingh Nalavade – Commandant of the prestigious Sainik School in Satara of which he is also the alumnus.
3. Col. Sarang Kashikar (Retd) – An alumnus of IMA, Col. Kashikar was commissioned in 1 Mahar Regiment in 1992. Currently, he is the Commandant of Rani Laxmibai Mulinchi Mulinchi Sainiki Shala, Pune – the residential military school for girls.
4. Maj. Gaurav Godbole (Retd) – He has had the distinction of being a part of the elite Parachute Regiment (Special Forces) and also served on Siachen Glacier, the highest battlefield in the World.
5. Lt. Commander Girish Mandrupkar (Retd) (IN) – Automobile Engineer with several management degrees to his credit, Lt. Comm. Girish was in the submarine arm of the Indian Navy as an Engineer Officer.
Post retirement, amongst other pursuits, he is also training youngsters for a career in defence. 6. Dr. Shirisha Sathe – A medical professional and a psychologist, Dr. Sathe has been practising as counsellor and psychotherapist in Pune since the last 20 years. Associated with several NGOs, she also works as a counsellor in Family Court, Pune.
7. Lt. Col. Dharamdatt Goel - He is graduate in Psychology, post graduate in Psychology, has completed Masters in Personnel Mgmt from Pune University, also completed B Ed and is presently pursuing P hD in Psychology. He was commissioned in June 2002 and he is a battle casualty with amputation of his left leg. And after that, he has resiliently turned himself into an avid Paraglider, a half Marathon runner on prosthetic leg and much more. He is presently serving in the Indian Army and is currently posted at Shillong.
8. Adv. Ashish Chavan – A practising lawyer by profession and a military enthusiast at heart, Adv. Ashish has been practising in the Bombay High Court and its various benches since the last 15 years, primarily on the Criminal side.
9. Mrs. Anuradha Prabhudesai – The inspiration behind this project, Mrs. Anuradha is the Founder President of Lakshya Foundation. Mrs. Prabhudesai is an ex-Bank Officer, who left the Bank for this noble cause of bridging the gap between the Armed Forces and civilians.